Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 13, 2007

THROWBACK THURSDAYS 26


Ludwig, originally uploaded by saxtonmoore.

Ludwig Von Drake was Donald's uncle and Mother Goose's grandson, who only appeared on TV. He hosted 17 television featurettes. I remember him mostly from his accent and screwy know-it -all segments that surrounded the Sunday night Disney movie specials. My goal was to do this piece only with the wacom, totally digital. I really need to get the hang of drawing directly into the computer. This is my first real attempt to draw straight in photoshop. I hope to get better at it this year, although I'll still continue to use pencil and paper on the regular.


Here's an additional sketch I did using good ol' pencil and paper.


5 comments:

Jay D Smith said...

fantastic!!

John Rozum said...

I think this is my favorite out of all the Throwback Thursday entries you've posted thus far. Excellent rendition!

Artytoons said...

Paul Frees supplied resident know-it-all Ludwig's voice in the 60s and 70s "Wonderful World of Disney" run.

Ludwig was revived as an occasional host for the one-season "Raw Toonage" series (the show that introduced "Bonkers D. Bobcat") on CBS in the late 1980s.

Andre Moore said...

This maybe my favorite one so far. I like this one! ROCK ON!!!!

Robert Pope said...

Hey Sax;
that's a great sketch; I've been buying old VHS Disney tapes off Ebay with Ludwig (he seems doomed to never rear his head on DVD, huh?)
great design, and in spite of how much is borrowed from Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge, he never feels like a rip-off character. Cool pencil drawing too, natch!